Friday, February 20, 2015

Lent 2015 - Day 3

This dish was created out of love for my sweetheart: when i fried the other cod fillets I had on Wednesday night, the house kept the fishy smell, much to Moni's chagrin. I just wanted to bake these and try to avoid the fish smell.

The flavor was enhanced by another experiment: the packet of ranch dressing that you mix with milk and mayo! I misread the packet and used milk and sour cream. When it tasted funny, I checked the packet, added the mayo, and mildly enjoyed it on my salad. So as I was wondering what to do with the 1.8 cups of this dressing I had left, I started the sauce on the stove top and added some dressing.



12 oz cod fillets
1 can diced tomatoes
2 tbs ranch dressing
Half can beer
Minced garlic, thyme, ground black pepper, sage, paprika, marjoram

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

In a medium saucepan combine tomatoes, beer, dressing, seasoning. Bring to a slow boil while stirring often.
Spray your favorite baking dish with vegetable oil. Place fish in the bottom, and cover with the tomato mixture.
Bake for a half hour, then break up fish fillets into bite size pieces. Cook for another 10-15 minutes until it is really hot, and then ladle into a bowl. Enjoy like jambalaya!

No comments: