Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Ash Wednesday

Lent 2015 - Day 1

Dear Lord, 

I come to You this morning broken, doubtful, hateful, hurting.... You know Lord, You know everything.

But I want change, Lord; I want more of You. In fact I want You to be my All, my Sufficiency, my Everything.

As we go through this time of preparation together, help me to be ever mindful of opportunities for giving of myself. Help me to recognise how much sin I have allowed myself to wallow through daily, and to be able to finally lay all that aside. 

Lord, give me the grace to heap out kindness to others, especially when I don't feel they 'deserve' it. Hmmmmm; I wonder what I truly deserve - right?

Thank You, heavenly Father, for this new day. Thank You for Your love.

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit; amen

 

No comments: