Thursday, January 1, 2015

Recipe #261 - Breakfast Casserole

Happy New Year!! And may the Lord's love and peace shine to all in new and wonderful ways this year!!

I was watching the Living Well channel early this morning and the guy was doing a chorizo egg dish with salsa and chilis and I thought well we don't need that much spicy on a cold morning, but I can sure put some meat and cheese and potatoes in there and it should cook up just fine...

So here's what I came up with, and the wife loved it:

5 small potatoes skinned and sliced into about 1/4 inch thick discs
1 pound of turkey sausage cooked up well
8 slices of thick bacon from Kroger cooked and chopped
diced up Kroger Black Forest ham
6 eggs
1 cup of milk
pinch of salt/pepper
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.


I boiled the potatoes until they were soft and added them to the bottom of a casserole dish which I had sprayed with cooking oil. The sausage goes on next, then the bacon and ham. Then the cheese and over all, pour the egg/milk/salt/pepper mix.

Cheese covers a multitude of dishes



Cook for 50 minutes and eat with a hot 'everything' bagel from Aldi's and a glass of diet Mountain Dew.



I had only a small section with my bagel... wanting to start 2015 out right!! :-)



Aw, hot dog!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome