Tuesday, May 26, 2015

68 and cloudy, with a nice breeze blowing

Tuesday morning after an eventful Memorial Day weekend...

Thankful for this great land that we live in, thankful for the freedoms that so many have fought and died for. Thankful for the men and women who have made this Country what it is to-day, and thankful for our kin' who were courageous enough to come here on a large boat to start new lives.
Thankful they settled in our neck of southeast lower Michigan, and I wish I knew more about them all.

I spent much of Saturday planting and weeding and pruning, built another planter box for a shade area north of our deck, and cleaned up and filled all the bird feeders. Sunday I recovered from the sunburn and sore back. Monday I watched the Tigers with a buddy at the local watering hole, while helping him with storing some large files on his laptop.

My fantasy team lost a close one last week, even though I was happy with many of the performances. This loss was to a very involved fantasy Owner who did well in the draft and has kept up on his drops and adds (remember university?!?). The prior week, I lost to someone who has not updated his roster since the draft in March, and it was a painful setback. Currently I am 4-3 and tied for second place (actually IN third place due to a lower points-for this year than the other guy who is 4-3 in my division), as the smells drift in my open window from the coney dog joint directly below us...
During the summer, and with our windows open, the smells from Coney Joes are able to affectionately assault my olfactory nerves 


Here's a quickie:

A priest, a rabbi, and a pastor walk into a bar. The bartender asks: 'What is this, a joke?!?'



Sorry. Peace!!


No comments: