Sunday, November 23, 2014

Solemnity of Our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe

Yes, that is what we believe.
Yes; He is Whom we believe.

Jesus is King!

Praise His name!

Beautiful mass this morning; Gospel reading was from Matthew 25 and it says nothing about those who 'accepted Jesus as their Lord and Saviour'. This passages says in part

He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
Then the king will say to those on his right,
'Come, you who are blessed by my Father.
Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
For I was hungry and you gave me food,
I was thirsty and you gave me drink,
a stranger and you welcomed me,
naked and you clothed me,
ill and you cared for me,
in prison and you visited me.’
Then the righteous will answer him and say,
'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you,
or thirsty and give you drink?
When did we see you a stranger and welcome you,
or naked and clothe you?
When did we see you ill or in prison, and visit you?’
And the king will say to them in reply,
'Amen, I say to you, whatever you did
for one of the least brothers of mine, you did for me.’

Then Deacon's homily told me other ways that I could 'clothe', 'visit', 'care for', give food and drink - not just the literal ways...

Then during the Lord's Supper, organist and soloist did How Beautiful Are The Feet from Handel's Messiah

God was sure talking to me to-day I tell you.

I went rejoicing to Kroger (along with half of those from church:-) and got our ingredients for yet another White Bean Chicken Chili version going in to the crock pot to-day. The bag of canned goods I left in the store so Moni offered to go back and get it. I also forgot the broth (actually I forgot that I used it to make soup last night) so she's picking that up also. I like when she shops without me because she always comes home with treats 'only in case your sugar goes low'. :-)

Home putzing to-day, cleaning and fixing and getting ready for family here on Thanksgiving.


No comments: