Thursday, August 16, 2012

Recipe #173: Leftovers on the Grill

Tonight we are using our charcoal grill to cook potatoes, green beens, salmon and Kroger Beer Brats.

I set up the charcoal such that I'd have some room for indirect cooking.

Potatoes: slice into each one, smear with butter and fresh chives and wrap in foil. These go on the grill first and will take the longest to cook.
Beans: wash and snap; place in foil pouch and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to cover and add a couple of minced garlic cloves and a tablespoon of water. I closed the pouch and put these on the top level at the same time I started the potatoes.
Salmon: marinade for about a half hour in: 3 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp Dijon mustard, 3 tbsp soy sauce, and a clove of garlic minced. Grill for about 8 minutes (a thin fillet) on the skin side and about 2 after it's flipped. I am not a huge fan of soy sauce but I found this marinade recipe tonight and decided to try it. The flavor of that fish is unbelievable! Oh my goodness!!! Tender, moist, tasty. I will do this again.
To a 4 quart sauce pan I added 16 ounces of beer and my brats. I cooked them in a slow boil for about 20 minutes - poke little holes in each. These I put on the indirect side of the grill after I spread the coals out.
Timing was not much of an issue as my beautiful bride is not here but everything was indeed done at pretty much the same time.

Thank you, LORD, for this food. Thank you for the cool evenings and for loving us so much. Thank you for Jesus.

No comments: