Friday, August 3, 2012

Recipe #11 - Slow Cooker Spaghetti

Dear LORD, thank You for the many provisions You always supply us with; thank You for this meal tonight, please bless it to our bodies. And we love You, too! Amen
 

Today, boys and girls, I'm making my spaghetti with  garlic bread. I start early afternoon frying up the pound of ground chuck, five garlic cloves diced, and about half a large red onion diced in EV olive oil.
I add a couple turns of fresh black pepper and about a quarter cup total of fresh oregano and basil diced up pretty fine. As the meat gets almost all cooked, I transfer the whole mixture to the crock pot and crank it up to high.
To this I add 32 oz (1 jar) of Tomato and Basil Classico red sauce, about a third of a green pepper diced up, a can of Hunts diced tomatoes, a can of Meijer diced tomatoes, a can of Meijer stewing tomatoes flavoured with garlic and oregano, and a couple of leftover tomatoes from my wife's road trip to Maryland. A few stirs and let it alone all afternoon, stirring occasionally.


I serve this over angel hair noodles with a good fresh salad on the side and some fresh garlic bread (meijer french loaf, tons of real butter, and garlic powder sprinkled on before broiling about 6 or 7 minutes. (-8

Enjoy!!

No comments: