Friday, April 24, 2009

Portagers Take 2 From Mason County Eastern

OK, so the coolest thing about our games yestreday wasn't the rain or even me getting to coach first base: our boys didn't commit an error and we didn't give up a run. I did not keep the book for this twin bill so I don't know how many hits we had (see first sentence) but 'it was like batting practice'. Our senior center fielder had two dingers, our starter in the first game had the flu and we were hoping for three innings out of him...he went the full six for the shutout win. Our leadoff hitter got on base like twenty times (I was coaching first, I should know), and he pitched the second game shutout. Our catcher made a perfect throw on their only steal attempt to kill a rally and I don't think we got thrown out once.

No comments: