Sunday, September 20, 2015

Beautiful LORD's Day

For some good background muzak while reading ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGj39oddhNE

or perhaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIWEHD1wEFc&index=3&list=PLD7B5C6A2CABF3C96


I pulled off the shelf an old book entitled Prayers, written in Paris by Michel Quoist in 1954 and translated to English by Agnes M. Forsyth and Anne Marie de Commaille in 1963. I believe I found it at a Salvation Army store in Manistee, MI several years ago, and have prayed through some of it since then. I am always touched by Quoist's heart for the simple, the mundane - the ordinary events each of us experience daily that could seem to have really no spiritual significance.
Ah, but God can speak to us in each of these mundane events, and Quoist helps me see that.
And so it is with heartfelt thanks to him this afternoon that I share this prayer.


THE TELEPHONE

I have just hung; why did he telephone?
I don't know ... Oh! I get it ...

I talked a lot and listened very little.

Forgive me, Lord; it was a monologue and not a dialogue.
I explained my idea and did not gethis;
Since I didn't listen, I learned nothing,
Since I didn't listen, I didn't help, 
Since I didn't listen, we didn't commune.


Forgive me, Lord, for we were connected, 
And now we are cut off.



No comments: