Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Recipe #19: Skewered Squash

I threw these on the grill last night rather spontaneously last night, and they didn't turn out too bad.

I just used one small (about 8 inch) yellow squash, one small zucchini, and about 8 oz of whole mushrooms.

I first rinsed the mushrooms and set them on paper towel to dry. Then I sliced each gourd into about 1/2 inch wide slices and put them in a big bowl with the mushrooms. I poured EVOO all over them and tossed gently, then seasoned with garlic powder. I shoved the kabob stick into as many chunks as would fit on each.

I also had some boneless breast of chicken thawed - last night I seasoned these with garlic powder, ground black pepper, dried rosemary, and Lawry's Seasoning Salt!
Corn on the cob right over the coals, veggie kababs, moist savory chicken breast, and sliced garden tomatoes. What a healthy delicious meal!!


I've added photos from last Friday night, when the sky right before sunset was full of pastel colors, bright and ominous.




























No comments: