Monday, July 20, 2015

Marvelous Monday or 2015.07.20

Gloria Gaither reminded me this morning, in the form of to-day's quip from my daily flip calendar, that


Memories, important yestredays, were once to-days. Treasure and notice to-day.

I sometimes spend much time remembering things I've done, good times I've had, and often I wish things were like they were 'back then'.

I suppose others have experienced this as well - or why would the expression the good old days be heard so frequently?



Anyways, I'm listening to the first Promise Keepers (from the album sleeve: PROMISE KEEPERS is a Christ-centered ministry dedicated to uniting men through vital relationships to become godly influences in their world) tape I ever had - the one that came with your ticket to the event. I remember not liking some of the songs (too 'urban') and loving some of them (mostly the old praise hymns), but each carries a special message about our relationships with God and our neighbor.


This music also brings to my mind much that I was experiencing at that time in my life - over twenty years ago - regarding my relationship with God and my neighbor.


*** *** ***

Thanks be to God! for this new Monday - the sun is shining and we are in good health. Speaking of health, we bought about six bags of various salads to go with our bounty of garden tomatoes. Yestreday we did a very scrumptious taco salad - and I will make this again when our Jalapeno peppers are ready (never grown those before :-)

De Colores!



No comments: