Thursday, February 9, 2012

God be praised!

Here's the condensed version of the story: I offended a brother last night in a public arena and was immediately rebuked upon by him loudly. I knew I was wrong and felt horrible about the offense. I prayed, as did my wife, as did some close friends (and as did more people than I even imagined) for wisdom and resolution. The offended party sought me out this morning and as we went somewhere private to talk I began with an apology for being such an ogre. He interrupted with a finger pointed at my mouth and told me to just wait while he opened a nearby door to a room where we could talk. We got in the room and he told me that I was indeed his brother and that he was sorry for barking at me and would I please put my coffee down so I could get a hug. This surprised me so in one way, but kind of didn't in another way. "They'll know we are Christians by our love": we need to play that out more often in our day to day lives, I am sure...

No comments: