Saturday, October 29, 2011

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost

I prayed this morning using a web I found some years ago (sacredspace.ie); every time I'm there, it's special. They offered this quote from Rabindranath Tagore (1861-1941), an Hindu poet mystic:

‘You have made me endless, Lord, such is your pleasure. This frail vessel you empty out again and again, and fill it ever with fresh life. Your infinite gifts come to me only on these very small hands of mine. Ages pass, and still you pour, and still there is room to fill.

'Give me the strength, Lord, lightly to bear my joys and sorrows. Give me the strength to make my love fruitful in service. Give me the strength never to disown the poor or bend my knees before insolent might’.

And, one of his songs: ‘Have you not heard his silent steps? He comes, comes, ever comes. Every moment and every age, every day and every night, he comes, comes, ever comes. In the fragrant days of sunny April through the forest path he comes, comes, ever comes. In sorrow after sorrow it is his steps that press upon my heart, and it is the golden touch of his feet that makes my joy to shine’

Thank you, LORD, for the words of those who were pilgrims before us, thank you for allowing me to see You through others' eyes. Amen

No comments: