Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Survivor Wednesday

In what came to be known as an unfficial date night for my bride and I last night, our Tigers provided 11 innings of drama in their first contest of 2016.

Heading into the bottom of the ninth, and with The Closer entering in a save situation, I thought it was over. But alas, the fat lady had not sung yet.


An early lead due to our big bats, a blown lead by the bullpen, then a small lead late, and a save for Shane Greene.
Drew VerHagen got the win - good for him!
Justin Verlander got the first opening day Tiger pitcher hit since Micky Lolich in 1971 - good for him!
Ian Kinsler had a three-run home and four RBI, including the go-ahead knock in the 11th - good for him!
Anthony Gose and Victor Martinez homered back to back in the 9th, bringing the grand total of Tiger homers to three, which allows me to present a printed box score to the nice folks at Arbys for a free curly fries - nyuk nyuk nyuk for me!


No comments: