Let us give thanks to the Lord, it is right and just.
Recited as part of the Preface to the Eucharistic Prayer amongst the community of believers since the 3rd century, this is translated from the Latin from:
- Priest: Dominus vobiscum.
- People: Et cum spiritu tuo.
- Priest: Sursum corda.
- People: Habemus ad Dominum.
- Priest: Gratias agamus Domino Deo nostro.
- People: Dignum et iustum est.
The Lord be with you.
-And with your spirit.
Lift up your hearts.
-We lift them up to the Lord.
Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
-It is right and just. (Or, as we Missouri Synod Lutherans used to reply: 'It is meet and right.')