Thursday, June 4, 2015

Pussycats and Potassium

The losing streak engulfing our Tigers has made evenings just ordinary. Forgive me, Lord, for placing so much of my anticipation in regular sporting events.

Detroit Tigers vs. Oakland A's - June 3, 2015
Anibal Sanchez led the American League in ERA two years ago, but has struggled at times this year
  
Rachael Ray's Sloppy Joes, a favorite in our household for the past several years, will allow me to work inside instead of out. Last night we had asparagus, corn, and marinated chicken cooked over charcoal on the grill. As I covered the grill back up this morning, the smells from the chicken assaulted my olfactory senses causing mild salivation.

This perfect plate really only shows about a quarter of my meal last night.
Forgive me, Lord, for placing so much of my anticipation on food. Forgive my gluttony and lust of all good things edible. Help me to enjoy the recreational activities and provision You have given us, without making it such a big deal.

You are the Big Deal. You suffice. You satisfy. You fill - to overflowing. You imbibe.
I praise You this morning; You alone are worthy of praise.




No comments: