Friday, March 27, 2015

Lent Day 33

From Les Miserables, the locals are discussing matters of import on the eve of revolt:

Marius, you're no longer a child
I do not doubt you mean it well
But now there is a higher call
Who cares about your lonely soul
We strive toward a larger goal
Our little lives don't count at all!

Sometimes I get so caught up in what's going on in my little life... my bills, my health, my job, my house, my car, my future, my family, my __?__, my __?__, my __?__, my __?__ , MY MY MY MY MY MY MY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



... ... ...



Dear Lord,
Help me to think bigger than this. Help me to remember that there are people all over this world who need my prayers; people who are suffering and exulting and thinking and thanking and grieving and praising and living and dying.
Help me to remember others before I focus so much on myself.
Help me to do more for others.


 

No comments: