Friday, March 6, 2015

Lent Day 15

20 pieces of silver

The brothers of Joseph were that much richer, after they sold him into slavery.

He was the obvious favorite of father Israel, who begat Joseph in his old age.

And as such, he was despised by his brothers.

... ... ...

'Despised' describes such a strong emotion; hatred, loathing...

And towards their own brother!



Lord, when my natural tendencies take me in that direction, please steer me clear.

Let my heart be more like Yours.

Give my heart compassion in stead of despising

Change me into a lover, not a loather

Help me to always remember how much YOU sacrificed for me;

that I might learn to sacrifice/slay/abandon my self.



Praise and honor and glory to you, LORD!

The joy of the LORD is my strength!

THIS is the day the LORD has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it!


No comments: