Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Lent Day 24

My mind wanders...

When I'm conversing with my wife, when I'm being given directives by my boss, when I'm driving, when I pray...
Here, there, past, present, future, all over!

What could I have done? What should I have done? I did THAT? I wish I never did that. I'm glad I did that.

What to do next? Where should I be? What should I do? What needs done? What can I procrastinate on? What game am I missing? What song am I missing? What are the birds doing? What email did I miss? What highlight do I need to see in order to discuss at the water cooler? What pathetically trivial event is everyone discussing, that I might not be out of the loop?

Where will we live? What will we drive? Where will we work? What care will we need? Who will wash me? Who will FEED me?


... ... ...



Forgive me, Lord.

Forgive me for not trusting enough to be able to 

~remember that the past is just the past and it is past and I cannot change a thing cuz it has passed;


~remember that whoever (or Whoever) I am engaging right now is THE MOST IMPORTANT person (or Person) in world and I need worry about nothing else just now; and 


~remember that You told us Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. (Matt 6:34 AV).









Your ways are so much loftier than my ways!

Your righteousness shines like the sun!

Your love conquers all!

Day by day new mercies I see! 


Blessed be God forever!


No comments: