Saturday, December 27, 2014

Saturn's Day

O come let us adore Him: Christ the Lord!

In the Church year, yestreday was the feast of St. Stephen, martyred for his faith. Message: O come let us adore Him, but it will cost. Forgive me, Lord, when it doesn't cost.
To-day is the feast of St. John the Apostle. He outran Peter when he heard that the tomb was empty three days after our Lord's crucifixion. Message: Each of us can, and should, outrun even the holiest to Christ. Forgive me, Lord, when I am slow to You.

Moni is ringing out these last few days at our Kroger, where she knows everyone and where she needs a paint stir stick to press down the donations in the evening - God be praised. I have a cheesecake in the oven (if it turns out, I will post the recipe) and am doing a beer can chicken with mashed potatoes for dinner. I will also, with my wife's approval, follow the directions on a box (or two) of Stove-top Stuffing, for the most part. I intend to add, not in any particular order: green pepper, garlic, corn, Christmas stuffing leftovers, chicken broth (from the beer can chicken), and perhaps even a can of green beans just waiting to be eaten.

My other jobs to-day will be setting up the television with our new cable box in the bedroom, and cleaning out the fireplace.

Father, I confess to You my shortcomings and lusts. I confess my self-ish-ness and narcissism. Forgive me these and all my sins, bring me back into full communion with You; may Your name be praised forever!!!

 

No comments: