Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Sunshine

The view from my second story office shows bright sunshine glaring off the vehicles making their way down Grand River Avenue in downtown Brighton. The little thermo-meter app on my desktop, however, boldly proclaims a chilly 51 degrees. I care not.
When I leave, I will not have a jacket to put on - nor would I put it on if I did - and I will probably roll several windows down in my 4 door Ford Taurus Sedan (affectionately know in our home as 'The Bull') while I drive out of the parking lot.
You see, we have been frozen for six months (not literally, like in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe). We have only recently been removed from humungous piles of blackened piles of snow, ice, and trash. The temps are still getting down into the twenties in the early morning hours and the frost is still thick on the windshield of our vehicles. But twelve hours of sunlight will put you in the summer mood right quick after the winter we've been through.
Praise Jesus! Thank you for the sunshine!



No comments: