Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Sometimes it's tough to organize my thoughts...

I have been blessed to spend over fifty heliocentric revolutions as a member of the Human race, breathing nitrogen, oxygen, argon, carbon dioxide, water vapor, and trace gases along with the rest of us, and eating McDonalds, Little Caesars, and macaroni and cheese along with the best of us.
I have learned much and I have yet much to learn; but this I know: love always trusts.

It is difficult to trust people some times. Not dogs, you're always THE most important person on the planet to your dog. But then again, dogs will make a toilet out of your bedroom rug and cause a tremendous assault on your olfactory nerves.
Cats will rub into you and around you and near you and will make cute noises like 'pritt' and 'mrrrrr' but it is only because they want you to fill their water bowl, or their food bowl, or both.
But people will hurt you, intentionally and un-intentionally, with words and deeds.

The weather in southeastern Michigan is something of a mystery, no matter how in tuned to the Weather Channel you become.
Our beloved Tigers are fun to root for but surely are not what we would describe as 'trustworthy'.
(Case in point: Phil Coke. Enough said.)
My selfish lying boss is certainly not to be trusted.
Even the wife of my youth (relatively speaking) has broken my heart not a few times over the years.

So, what are we to do?!?

Well, as a called and redeemed Child of the King, I believe I am to love. And let me list here some of the descriptors that St. Paul uses:

patient
kind
not jealous
not pompous
not inflated
not rude
does not seek its own interests
is not quick-tempered
it does not brood over injury
it does not rejoice over wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth
it bears all things
believes all things
hopes all things
endures all things
It never fails.

And it's that last one I'd like to discuss. That would be fine.

"Never fails".

So, if I am patient and kind and not rude while bearing all things, I will never fail?!?

I believe that is what he means.

When someone slanders me, my patience and kindness will win the day.

When the jerk in front of me doesn't use his turn signal, not being quick tempered will win the day.

When my boss blames someone else for his inattention to detail, enduring all things will win the day.

When Phil Coke is racing in from the 'pen to face Prince Fielder with no outs and the game on the line, believing all things will win the day.

So hallelujah for love, because it never fails.




It's easy

No comments: