Friday, February 22, 2013

Day 10

O Holy One, I call to You, naming You as eternal, ever-present, and boundless in love. And there are times when I fail to recognize You in the dailyness and busyness of my life. Sometimes shame clenches tightly around my heart, I and hide my true feelings. Sometimes fear makes me small, and I miss the chance to speak from my strength. Sometimes doubt invades my hopefulness, and I degrade my own wisdom. 
Holy God, in the daily round from sunrise to sunset, remind me again of Your holy presence always near me and in me. Free me from shame and self-doubt. Help me to see You in the moment-by-moment possibilities to live honestly, to act courageously, to speak from wisdom, and to temper all with love.
Amen

~from our Protestant evangelical friends

No comments: