Monday, November 12, 2012

To-day...

Woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across my head
Found my way downstairs and drank a cup
      and, looking up, I noticed I was late....

Actually it rarely happens that simply; to-day it certainly did not:
Woke up, got out of bed, dragged my fatass across the floor to let out the dog at 3 in the a.m. It was getting colder and I was so glad I was home with my snuggle sweetie. Ah another several hours of dreams...
The first alarm went off at 6:20 and this was much too early. Set the snooze for and hour and 7:20 inevitable came and I was still not ready to get up. My sweetie, on the other hand, was, and she went off to her favourite gas station to score a french vanilla cappuccino. I rested until i was rushed and shaved, showered, and dressed in record time. My darling made me a french bread sandwich, leftover meatloaf, and three little packets of m$ms lunch with a love note on the paper towel (-8 and I was off!
Expressway traffic is not bad at that hour and I found my favourite parking spot was waiting for my little white ranger.
Found my way upstairs and turned the lights, copier, computer, and coffee pot on, only to find that the server was not accessible. Did what I could but it turned out necessary to call the big techno dogs for a house call for the fix. An hour later I was golden and saw to the business of the day. Scheduled another closing for Wednesday and am very close to about three more done deals.
Left the office a little after six with the songs of Les Mis on my brain. So I got home, had my second dinner, and found the trailer to watch several times. Then Rufus doing Hallelujah and Schnappi by the little German girl, then Miss Saigon and Cats, just to feel well rounded.
Sweetie is embibing in DWTS as I finish this entry. (And, finally, Across the Universe by Rufus)

Found my way downstairs and had a smoke, and somebody spoke, and I went into to a dream...


Thank you, LORD, for a wonderful day
For the work I was able to do, and for the after-work time at home with Sierra the Malamute, Otis the Quat, and the Bride of my Youth.
And i love You, too.
Amen



No comments: