Thursday, December 8, 2011

I like...

...beating my landlord at table tennis, hugs from kindergarteners, extra credit pizza, washing dishes after dinner so the kitchen is clean in the morning, making my bed in the morning so the room looks clean when i come home from work.
I like when kids say, ' ahhh now i get it', 'thank you, sir', and 'i had some trouble with the homework problems' (means they're trying!).
I like fires in the fireplace, Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer, and watching our kids on QuizBusters.
I like seeing my boss in the hall and smiling at her, I like the taste of that first cup of coffee in the morning (when I really, really need it), and I like when the Ricoh does all the three-page copies correctly with proper stapleage (-8.
I like Handel's Messiah and Les Miserables, Inception and Knight and Day, Cheap Trick and Green Day.
I like cinnamon vanilla candles in December, snow-days in January, and Scotch whiskey in February.
I like going to bed early and sleeping in, bacon and eggs in the morning, and picking the scabs off my arms and legs from my crazy adorable playful kitten.
I like hearing my sweetie's voice first thing after wake-up and last thing before night time; I am starting to like Scrooges other than Alistair Sim.

No comments: