Monday, May 18, 2009

Flower Day!!!

My girlfriend and I both had a wonderful weekend down at Eastern Market together peddling perennials, ... in fact we were powerful perennial peddlers...pondering pizza and plans for prosperity :-)

It was Flower Weekend and, in particular, Flower Day on Sunday, attracting over 130 billion people to downtown Detroit. It was more fun than I deserve to have in a lifetime let alone a weekend but i just soaked it in and appreciated the sleep at the end of the day. We left home at 3 am and got down there to set up at 4 and honestly there are people walkin around looking for bargains not long after that. Fun fun fun and what a learning experience for me. I was the brawn and she, the brains AND the customer service ~ great with customers and potential customers, she knew (or knew how to find out) the answers to many questions. Dialogue with me, however, was much more calculated:

How much would these be?
Five each
Do they like shade?
Where do you live?
We live in the country with lots of trees.
These love the shade.

Ah...life is good.

No comments: