Sunday, March 8, 2009

How can I eat? That silly Elf Song is driving me crazy!

Another winter storm made its way across the state this evening dumping 3-4 inches of new snow on top of frozen rain from earlier in the day. Sustained winds of 18-23 miles per hour are contributing to near-blizzard conditions and are making roadways hazardous. If you must be on the roads, please use care.

But overall the weekend was a great one. Friday night our girls varsity basketball team finished the season with a loss in the district playoffs. It was the last game for three seniors and there were lots of hugs and tears as time expired in the fourth quarter. But we move on...and track/golf/softball/baseball practices will begin tomorrow as the boys basketball finishes with their district contests.

Saturday was not as warm as Friday and the skies were cloudy but still a gorgeous day to watch college basketball and celebrate the Mass. (and drink beer, watch George Carlin, and laugh alot).

Sunday began with the winter weather advisory for most of northern Michigan as provided us by northern michigagn's news leader (http://9and10news.com/weather/). I got some laundry done and some lesson plans done for the week.

Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy. Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy. Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love but what is holy. Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy. Guard me, then, O Holy Spirit, that I always may be holy. Amen.

No comments: