Saturday, January 23, 2016

Recipe #19 - Saturday Chili

This turned out to be a good batch, and I want to remember how I made it. It was the first time I used our new (previously owned) Presto Kitchen Kettle Plus Crockery Multi-Purpose Slow Cooker so it was a type of practice. Practice? I'm talking practice.

Ingredients:

1 or 2 turns of the pan of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1# ground beef
1 large yellow onion diced
3 large cloves of garlic diced
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can chicken broth
1 can Brooks mild chili beans
1 can Miller Lite
Dollup of dijon mustard
large squeeze of ketchup
several squirts of Worcestershire sauce
several dashes of Louisiana hot sauce
a handful of diced mushrooms
seasonings, listed below




It was tough to get everyone together and holding still before preparation began

chili powder
cumin
paprika
garlic powder
ground black pepper
oregano
ground cayenne



I browned the meat and drained most of the grease and then seasoned the meat in my favorite T-fal pan. Meanwhile, I threw everything else but the mushrooms into the Crockery turned up to 400 degrees and let it go until it really gt simmering - about an hour.




I then added the mushrooms, and turned down the control knob to 250 and let it go all day. The house smelled real good and we enjoyed this dish with some sharp cheddar on top in front of a fire while rooting the Spartans on to victory.

Life is good; God be praised!



No comments: