Friday, August 22, 2014

Finally...

I have decided to make some lifestyle changes toward a healthier me. Yestreday, 21 August 2014, I took a walk around the block and thought I was going to pass out from heat exhaustion and lack of oxygen. So the time has come, and hopefully it did not come too late.

I am committing to make wiser choices regarding my physical state of being.

Primus, I am giving up alcohol for a time. The severe swelling in my right lower leg will be diminished as a result I am sure.

Secundus, I am greatly reducing the amount of processed food I intake. All that sodium!! My leg will benefit from this also.

Tertius, I am going to go for the brown carbs, as opposed to the white ones. This will help with my blood sugar levels as well.

Quartus, I plan to move my body around vigorously (well, at least to a degree greater than 'sedentarily') at least six days a week at least until Christmas of this year. This will help my blood sugar levels and also my general overall well-being.

Coffee, ice cream, and acocadoes are still in; Burger King, gin and diet dews, and my favourite Pioneer Woman Chicken Rice Soup are all out, for a time. I need to see progress, and I believe I will sooner rather than later with these changes. After a time, when I get to the point that I don't need to see any more changes and just want to maintain the healthy lifestyle, then maybe I can indulge myself once in a while.

I have begun a separate weblog to document my progress toward these goals:
http://blogtolose.com/profile/DavidFrederickBaldner


Dearest Father in Heaven, I commit my journey to You. May You bless my efforts at attaining a healthier heart, mind and body; may You give me the persistence and grace to make the choices I need to make. And You get the glory, Lord! Praise God from Whom all blessing flow!!

No comments: