Sunday, October 7, 2012

50th Celebration, part 2

Our Heavenly Father blessed this day for so many of us....so wonderful to see nieces and nephews, cousins, 2nd cousins, distant relatives and friends of mom and dad whom I hadn't seen in years. Music and comments/memories provided by the grand-kids, home-cooked thanksgiving dinner for all, many tears and much laughter.
I was the after-dinner emcee and if i would have had Tolkien's 'I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.' down, I would have used it. As it was, my little brother gave an absolutely professional, prayerful history of the family entitled 'God Knew'. (As it becomes available, I will reprint [with permission, of course] in this forum).

Thank you, Father, for my family - far from perfect and even contentious at times -  and for the time that You've given us together here, this side of eternity. 

 

No comments: