Friday, February 21, 2020

Prayer

I get a forwarded prayer in my inbox most mornings, from a man named Steve Defever. I have copied to-day's prayer here.

Please pray with me:



Father God,

The weeks go by at lightning speed sometimes and I believe its because of the way this world keeps us all so busy. Help each one of us to take time to be still in Your loving arms each day, slow down and seek You, seek Jesus so that through it all we keep You first in all we do. 

As I speak these words Lord, I know this is not what I do each day. I may seek You first but once I walk out my door, I go on my own mission and not look to You and Jesus for advice. Forgive me Father for these sins of the heart, help me to take time and slow down to think about what Jesus would do in all situations, both good and bad situations that come up each day. For I want to be a reflection of Jesus, I want to be a light for Him and I want people to know that You are in my heart and the center of my life. Take me over Lord. 

Father, I pray today also for those who have had major setbacks in their lives either financially, physically, mentally or because of someone else. Through these setbacks if we continue to seek You we will see how You will make a setback a comeback on our lives. It might not be today or tomorrow but sometime in the future we will see the comeback that You created from a setback.

Light of the world, continue to shine in the darkness of our lives, that we may reflect Your glory and stay strong in our hope and faith in You. 

Amen.

No comments: