Saturday, December 7, 2019

From the cross to the grave, Lord I lift Your Name on high!

Saturday morning and I wanted to let out some of my thoughts from the past few weeks...

We have entered the new Liturgical year: the preparation and reformation time of Advent! These four weeks, in my not always humble opinion, can indeed be described as the most wonderful time of the year, in that we are preparing to receive Christ turning our hearts back to He Who gave us life, Who showed us the Father's love in person. Oh the joy of knowing Him! Oh the anticipation of His coming - both the remembrance of His birth as the Child Emmanuel, and His second coming when He will judge all and direct each one of us to where we will spend eternity. And as part of my preparation time, I have already watched Dr. Seuss's How the Grinch stole Christmas, A Charlie Brown Christmas, Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer, It's a Wonderful Life, and A Christmas Story about nine times!
I wrote out a few Christmas cards last night, and watched the some of the PAC-12 Championship (Ducks beat the Utes going away); there will be more football to-day and then tomorrow the final rankings are released and the post-season matchups announced. Our Spartans somehow managed six wins and will get to play in a bowl game (most probably the Crayola Green Marker That Has Dried Out Bowl, or some such in significant contest, played in a vacation destination like Fargo [and only insignificant to those who don't live in Fargo]). I had heard talk that the possibility exists for Michigan to play Alabama in their bowl game - I think that would be fun.

I am ready to ditch cable.

We are going to Sunshine Diner in Howell for breakfast, before our Saturday morning errands.

It is 20 degrees outside and we have the car warming up.

It is a beautiful day and I thank God for it!

No comments: