Saturday, December 14, 2019

Early Saturday Morning and thoughts are running through my old mind...

Trying to shore up my fantasy football team for the first round of the playoffs this weekend. I already caught a break as my vs didn't play his Ravens defense, who had a spectacular game Thursday night (the last Thursday game of the NFL season). Julian Edleman and Jameis Winston are both hurt but should play and I will roll the dice and take my chances. My receiving corps has been lacking since Week 1 but my running backs (Fornette and McCaffery) and my coaching decisions (according to CBSsports.com) have attributed to my winning the division and earning the #2 seed.

CHRISTmas cards have mostly been addressed and stamped and sent out, and we are expecting our futon mattress this coming week! We've had that beautiful cedar futon crammed in one bedroom or another and used for storing boxes of shit for seven years - it is now out in the living room and will afford us opportunity to sleep by a warm fire like we used to in Stanwood. We are blessed indeed!

Later this morning we will have our Howell Sunrise Diner breakfast, and run errands out that way. Then we will place our colored CHRISTmas lights out on the tree of Moni's choosing. 'Lights and display contest?!? Oh no!'



When peace like a river attendeth my way
When sorrows like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot
Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul.
It is well (It is well)
With my soul (with my soul)
It is well, it is well with my soul.

Lyrics: Philip P Bliss 1838-1876
Tune: Horatio G Spafford 1828-1888

This guy blends well; his crescendos are good and proper:







No comments: