Thursday, April 20, 2017

Recipe #420 Napoleon Pizza

I do some sort of pizza every Wednesday when Survivor is running on CBS at 8:00; lately I've been trying different dough and sauce recipes and I think I found my winner-winner-pizza-dinner last night.

The dough starts with two packages or 4 1/2 tsp of yeast, two tsp of sugar, and 1 1/2 c warm water and let it rise.



Then, mix three cups of flour with two tablespoons salt. Wisk it, wisk it real good.




Add the water/yeast to the flour and combine until you get a ball. Remove to a floured surface and knead for about about three minutes.
Let it rise covered in a warm draft-free environment til it is doubled in volume.

Punch the dough ball down, and cut in half. It will make two 16 inch pies this way. Let each proof again in a warm area (or overnight in the refrigerator) until you are ready to bake.




My sauce this time was about one third tomato sauce, one third tomato paste, and one third from a Chef Boyardee pizza kit, embellished with dried oregano, garlic, basil, black pepper, and thyme. Not too demanding, the tomato flavor really came through.





I grated some fresh Monterrey Jack cheese to go with two cups of shredded mozzarella




Pepperoni is mandatory, as are mushrooms, but I wanted to not do the entire pie with everything:


So green pepper, white onion, Kroger sugar ham fried nicely, and ground sausage topped about 65% of the pie. At exactly 18 minutes cooked at 450 degrees she was done.








'It's probably the best drawing I've ever done.'


No comments: