Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday, Monday...

Landlord got a pingpong table this weekend and boy can you really work up a sweat engaging in that pasttime?!? We played all day yestreday (except for sandwich breaks). 
We start a new quarter at school to-day; grades were in by 8 this morning; everyone has an "A" right now!
I'm listening to CHRISTmas music on Pandora right now. I'm sold on Pandora. I listened to Slacker.com for years. They do everything they can to get you to subscribe to the upgraded version but Pandora plays artists/genre I want without bullying me into anything!
Youtube is still the best for individual songs I want to hear (except, of course, the first version I ever heard of Rufus Wainright singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow, which even they don't seem to have). But I thank God for the sound of music.I"ve listened to Handel's Messiah so many times already this fall I could sing the whole thing by myself (except, of course, the Aire for Altos, which I typically have a hard time with :-).
I worked through three sections of Advanced Algebra this afternoon, graded a quizzie, planned a pre-calculus lecture, and began  (finally) a project my principal asked me to accomplish. 
Heard from my buddy Roger (his real name), who lives in OhiO (northeast area, near Canton, not by THEEEE Blobbety Blob University).
And speaking of the Big 10, we've got a kid at school who just moved here from Urbana, Illinois, the home (or neighborhood anyway) of the Illini University of Fighting Illini, where my Big Brother lives. 
OH, by the way, it was both fun and exciting to watch MSU win AND U-M lose during the same early-Saturday-afternoon time slot, literally within a few minutes of each other. Man that's good!





No comments: