Monday, December 7, 2009

in the first hour was the word, and the word was 'shamwow!'

Gotta absolutely have-to love 18 middle schoolers at a time...there's no other way to look at it.

The LORD has blessed me with the task of teaching algebra to one such group between the hours of 8 and 8:51 every weekday. Sometimes half asleep, sometimes wired on Red Bull, these young people keep me sharp, reprove me when i spell commutative wrong, and remind me not to use a rubber band to keep my hair together in back. We did re-cip-ro-cals, multiplicative zero properties, multiplicative identity properties, finding the distance between two points in the Cartesian system, area, and volume to-day...all in brief, keep-their-attention segments. When we got the answer to-day, instead of "Hey Presto!", we bellowed "Shamwow!"

Peace, love, math

No comments: