Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Recipe #12: Good Ground Round Burgers

Last night we made special burgers using ground round from Marv's Meats (http://marvsmeats.com/index.html) along with corn on the cob and pickles from our garden.

I began by forming the meat into a trough on a cookie sheet.

I whisked together garlic, dried garden herbs, and Worcestershire sauce, along with finely diced red onions.



I fried some Marv's bacon (oh this was so good - and on special this week!)



I asked Boomer how impressed he was so far.



I fried up some mushrooms and green pepper in butter and garlic for topping the burgers.



I dumped the onion mixture in the meat boat,

 

Then I made the pattys.



The corn we did on the stove top



I checked in with Gates and Ian hunting the National Treasure




I sliced our Marv's bakery buns and grilled them.



For serving, I put the mushrooms/peppers on the burgers after they were flipped, then the bacon, then the cheese (cheese always covers a multitude of toppings), then the fresh pickles. We ate them too fast to take a picture.

A real treat, to be sure. 


No comments: