Sunday, May 13, 2018

I am I am A Michigan Man

I have not tried this recipe, but it was presented to me this past Thursday by Jimmy of the Michigan Out Of Doors crew via the chef at Antlers Canadian Lakes, where my bride and I used to hang out many moons ago. It looks good, and I will probably try it out next weekend.

Game Jambalaya

½ cup vegetable oil
1.5 Cups diced onion
1 Cup diced green pepper
1 Cup diced celery
2 Bay leaves
1TB Cajun seasoning
½ Lb Andouille or smoked sausage, diced
2 Cups diced tomatoes
2QTS Chicken stock
½ TB Tobasco
1tsp Salt
1TB Worcestershire
1LB 4oz long grain rice
½ Lb Crawfish, shrimp or any fish you may have around
1LB Pheasant or any other game you might have, chunked

  1. In large pan sauté onion, pepper and celery over medium heat until soft. 5-8 minutes
  2. Add bay leaves, Cajun seasoning, sausage and tomatoes and sauté for 3 minutes
  3. Add rice and cook for 1 more minute
  4. Add stock, tobacco Worcestershire and salt and bring to a boil
  5. Once that a boil is achieved reduce to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until most liquid is evaporated and rice is cooked
  6. Add all seafood and meat and cook until cooked through

No comments: