Tuesday, August 23, 2016

fall, FaLl, fALL

Cooler temps - especially in the evenings and mornings, a bountiful harvest of tomatoes, peppers, and cucumber, and the local sportspeak majoring in college football and basketball (and, even the Lions) - the summer is waning and autumn beckons.

This summer has been quite warm and humid, comparatively speaking. We really had to crank the air conditioners this year at home; at work we used it almost unceasingly through July and August.

I have not yet drafted my NFL fantasy team, and my MLB team - in spite of being in the bottom third in the power rankings - is holding on to a tie for second place in my division and hopes of making the playoffs for the third straight year. This season, my Red Sox connection of Pedroia, Betts, and Oritz has produced well and consistently. In the absence of King Felix since May, I picked up Iwakuma who has done well. Smardzija, Hosmer, Tomlin, and Hammel I've had most of the year - the rest of my lineup i've had to pick and choose from week to week. I gave last year's A.L. Cy Young winner from Houston Dallas Keuchel about four weeks of garbage before dropping him. He still not regained his prowess from last year.

No comments: