Sunday, December 1, 2013

Son-blest We Are

Thanksgiving Thursday with my mom and dad, brother, sister and her family, and lots of friends. Way too much food even though I tried to put a dent in as many mains/sides/desserts as I could. A little football on tv, a little football outside, Apples to Apples, and songs aplenty. Great to see everyone, especially my sister-with-many-children and my brother-who-lives-out-of-state. He even made a trip out in his BA black rental Dodge Charger with mom and dad on Friday.

Saturday yestreday was college football day and too many exciting games to also try and fit in a trip to Schaffer Road, Walmart, and the Lakehouse. We got home late and put in 1951 Scrooge with Alistair Sim and lit a fire to warm us.

To-day already we took our mechanic neighbor out to the Grape (left at Walmart) to help with the transmission that had been slipping. And then UH-OH, the nation's in upheaval; no tranny fluid and God saved us from evil! Two quarts in (one with the stop-leak additive) and the diagnostic touch pad screen thingy and voila!!! Praise God no more slipping or running rough!!! My neighbor Scott rocks - he wouldn't let me give him any money (we made him accept a little) but I did buy him a White Castle Double Cheeseburger Sack Value Meal (it just doesn't get much better than that).

So, right now I'm boiling eggs for our early week salad and Moni is taking several purchases back (with receipts) to various stores in Livingston County. We are Son-blest indeed!

No comments: