Monday, February 9, 2009

Inner and Oustside Warmth

I am not prone to bragging. This must be distinctly understood, or nothing wonderful can come of the story I am going to relate. But Sister-son Carlos Luis Razo was an extra in Cuba Gooding, Jr.'s made-for-tv TNT movie (Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1295085/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt) this past weekend and I am just tickled. I missed the original airing and then the first seven or eight re-airs (re-airings?) but caught it last night at about midnight. My work week starts bright and early on Monday but I was determined to see this movie while there was still weekend to be had.


I was thrilled with the picture and got a big warm fuzzy seeing the second-eldest nephew on my side of the family playing his cello with other like-minded folk on the big (er...27 inches really) screen. And more warm fuzzies because of a mother who believed in her two kids and encouraged them regularly while expecting much out of them. The picture was filmed in and around Detroit which added to the majesty of everything. And the February temperatures were close to 50 degrees Fahrenheit with the sun shining most of the weekend......Michigan State won again, Nate Roberson and Dontrel Willis are battling for the 5th starting spot in the Tigers' rotation, The Wings won.......life is good.

No comments: