Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Recipe # 217: Chicken Alfredo Lower Michigan Style

 Wednesday night, no Survivor, and I wanted to try something new in the kitchen. I had some boneless chicken fingers ready in the fridge, and a half pint of mushrooms screaming 'EAT US!'.


1.5# 3” boneless chicken cutlets

2 tbs EVOO

1 small white onion rough chopped

seasoned with garlic power, ground black pepper, and garden herbs


½ c butter

1 ½ cups heavy whip cream

2 tbs minced garlic

8 oz sliced mushrooms

¼ tsp ground pepper

2 cups Parmesan cheese


4 oz wheat linquine

2 quart water for boiling.


I cooked the seasoned chicken in my favorite T-fal skillet until they were all 150+ and set them aside.


I started the noodles – these only need 7 minutes at a roll for al dente.


Next, in my Cooks Essentials stainless 12 inch pan, I started the sauce: first the butter and cream until the butter melted, along with the sliced mushrooms and garlic. I added a bit of ground pepper here as well.

A couple minutes on a medium fire and then I added the Parmesan cheese. This, I must add, made the dish taste a bit more salty than we would have liked; as I used the processed Parmesan you sprinkle on spaghetti.

I then added the cooked chicken and let it all simmer for a couple minutes, until the chicken was good and hot again.

Over the noodles, this chicken and sauce mixture is true comfort food; desirous on this the 13th of January in mid-latitudes Northern hemisphere. I am headed back for a second low-fat, low-carb, low salt bowl; I am only sorry I took no photos.


May our LORD bless you and keep you steadfast in His peace and joy; alleluia!


No comments: