Friday, November 29, 2019

Giving Thanks

For many reasons, this was one of the best Thanksgiving get-togethers I have experienced in a long while. It saddened me that my beautiful bride could not be there, but I was blessed many a time over through fellowship, conversation and laughter.

My little brother and his girlfriend and her son from Urbana, IL were already there by the time I arrived near noon. So we had time to get acquainted before the house got too crowded (and after the clean-up of the gravy spilt in the kitchen - it's ok, dad,  happens to the best of us :-).

My sister brought her youngest three and recently wed C&C showed up right on time for turkey, stuffing, meatballs, whipped taters, gravy, QVC crescent rolls, Sams dill pickles, and ice cold water. 

We had dessert, then played Apples to Apples, then after doing up the dishes (me, my brother, and my sister and her daughter - made my night :-) we started eating again, in response to two events: Ray-ray coming home from work, and not having the green bean casserole for our first dinner. The smell as it was cooking was motivation enough, so we got all the containers out of the fridge, opened a fresh package of paper plates, and lined up in front of the microwave.

Thanks be to God! He alone can satisfy and meet all our needs! Thanks be to God,for family and friends, and for the wonderful time we shared!


Belle, Nanc, and Super-G during the clean-up time

Mom's table

Mom and her favorite son

Sister and her favorite daughter

Favorite brother, his sweetie, and her absolutely adorable son

No comments: