Sunday, November 3, 2019

As I'm driving, I think of so many topics to write about, and so many songs come to my mind. But when I finally sit down to type, so often I forget what was so vivid, important, and relevant just so many hours (or moments) ago.

One topic that has been heavy on my heart is that our society seems it should be right and proper that a woman can choose to end the life of her baby before birth. All these democrap candidates for Commander in Chief want a woman to be able to kill her unborn baby. The loser left opine likewise.
Even many protesting followers of Christ hold the same point of view.

How is that? How is it that folks who call themselves 'Christian' can with good conscience proclaim that it's up to the mother whether her unborn child lives or dies?!? What part of Christ's teaching, specifically please, would lead one to that conclusion?!? Even taken out of context, as is typical protester wont, I cannot imagine which recorded command of Christ could possibly cause such a heinous conclusion.

The ELCA, in their Social Statement on Abortion, 1991, state: "This church recognizes that there can be sound reasons for ending a pregnancy through induced abortion."

and the Missouri Synod hold similarly : "The LCMS believes that abortion is contrary to God's Word and "is not a moral option, except as a tragically unavoidable byproduct of medical procedures necessary to prevent the death of another human being, viz., the mother" (1979 Res. 3-02A)."

The UMC sanctions 'legal abortion under proper medical procedures'.* The American Baptists do not condemn abortion outright, nor do the Episcopals, Buddists, and Mormons. The Presbyterians call abortion a 'personal decision'. Unitarians and the United Church of Christ support 'safe' abortions.

...

Safe?!? How safe is this practice for the child being murdered - whether legal or illegal?!?

The Catechism of the Catholic Church states: 'Since the first century the Church has affirmed the moral evil of every procured abortion. This teaching has not changed and remains unchangeable. Direct abortion, that is to say, abortion willed either as an end or a means, is gravely contrary to moral law.' **


I thank You, LORD, for the gift of my life, 
And for the lives all my brothers and sisters.
I know there is nothing that destroys more life than abortion
But I rejoice that You have conquered death
by the resurrection of Your Son.
To-day I commit myself
never to be silent, 
never to be passive,
never to be forgetful of the unborn.
I commit myself to never to stop defending life
until all my brothers and sisters are protected, 
and our Nation once again becomes 
a Nation with liberty and justice
not just for some, but for all.

Forgive us, LORD.




* Pew Research on the official teachings of some groups on abortion: https://www.pewforum.org/2013/01/16/religious-groups-official-positions-on-abortion/

** CCC No. 2271

No comments: