Sunday, March 20, 2022

Recipe #33: Goodass Spaghetti

 Third Sunday in Lent, and I'm ready for a little bit o' pasta I think. After a blessed trip to Aldi yestreday, we have all the fixin's.


Ingredients:

one turn of the pan EVOO
1 big old can of crushed tomatoes (maybe 30 oz?)
about a cup of chicken broth
1 beefsteak tomato diced
1 white onion diced
1 green pepper diced
tablespoon of minced garlic
about a pound and a quarter ground turkey (85/15)
one container of sliced mushrooms
onion powder
dried parsley/sage/rosemary/thyme from the garden
dried basil
dried oregano
thin spaghetti noodles















Order of operations:

I warmed up the oil then added the onion, pepper, garlic (oh that aroma!) and then the meat, and cooked until the meat was done. I added the broth and tomatoes, and then the seasoning and brought it to a boil. Then I lowered the heat, and let it simmer covered for about an hour. I added about half a box of noodles to the sauce and let that go probably another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. 

Serve with some grated parmesan and a fat slice of butter bread, and sit down with the clicker for some college basketball. 

God bless you all. 



No comments: