Friday, January 28, 2022

 It's been an interesting week, to be sure. Both of us turned in our rentals and received our vehicles back from the shop, and both of us are extremely thankful. Moni now has her heated seats and steering wheel, and I, my new front end - complete with new ba headlamps which eclipse the old ones. You know how after a few years the plastic casing gets that cloudy film on it, and when someone is behind you at night, your car's shadow is all you see in front of you??? Not so anymore. I am truly blessed, and all for only a $250 deductible.

Moni had won a gift certificate to Spartan Tire (https://www.spartantirehowell.com/) and it had to be used by the end of the year. Well we had an appointment to get my oil changed but the deer flew out in front of me on the way home from work toward the end of December, and the car has been in the shop all this time. Steve the boss at Spartan Tire said 'Oh yeah, I remember now' and let us use the now expired certificate for my oil change. The nice mechanic even put on my new Rain-ex wiper blade that I for the life of me could not figure out how to install. Thankful I am, and a shout out to Steve and his crew. 

Also mucho thankful it is Friday, and I do not have to work tomorrow.  Trying a new cheesy potato recipe later tonight, and then this weekend it'll be Pioneer Woman enchiladas with homemade sauce. We are blessed indeed. 

Father, protect all those who for whatever reason are out in the cold tonight. Be with the folks on the east coast as this much-anticipated storm rolls through. Be with Monica tonight as she travels, and with all those traveling tonight. Thank You for Your Son! Thank You for Your Spirit! Thank You for Your love and mercy and forgiveness! We praise You, because You are worthy of praise: immortal, invisible God only wise!

No comments: