Saturday, May 30, 2020

God bless our Airman

To-day must be the most beautiful Saturday we have had in a long while. Temps in the 60's with sun and a nice breeze; the birds are singing and the bees are buzzing, and AC/DC is wailing from several blocks over. The rectangle with its early lush greenery is thriving, and our planter boxes are all blooming with carefully placed begonias, marigolds, and geraniums. My herbs (all except one :-() are thriving now one week into their transplanted lives, and the mary jane is getting bigger every day. Boomer is laying at my feet as I type; my little brother will be wed to-day, down in the beautiful State of Illinois, to his new friend Mary Mary, of Jackson County, and a U-M fan. Ah well, such is the life of an elf.

Liam is a first grader :-)



I made an early trip to Kroger to use up my coupons expiring at the end of the month, and then a later trip to Tractor Supply for some good soil. The sign on the door demanded that I submit to the fearmongering and wear a mask - they even had several sitting there for me to take in the lobby - but I resisted. I met a young man outside though peddling Jesus t-shirts and wristbands with a pretty cool story of addiction and recovery. I will remember to pray for him, although I am sorry I didn't get his name or the name of the ministry he is representing.

Boomer is deaf, but I always ask him how he's doing. He just wags his tail, which tells me he is more than good.




We took a nice plant out to the cemetery this past Monday - Memorial Day - and said hi to Jason.











No comments: