Saturday, October 6, 2012

The 50th Celebration Cranberry Sauce

So for mom and dads 50 anniversary party (which mom has decided will be a Thanksgiving feast for 80 of their closest friends and family), i asked if i could make the cranberry sauce. Turkey, stuffing, etc had already been doled out by the time i volunteered so I jumped on this opportunity.
I found what I thought was a good recipe, and then multiplied it (NOT 'timesd it') by 8. Here it is, in its entirety.

12 oz cranberries
3/4 cup orange juice
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
2 oz gold rum (optional)

SO, i adapted a bit off of this. I used the juice and zest of one orange instead of the 3/4 cup of juice. Then i added a pinch of nutmeg, a pinch of cinnamon, and the juice and zest of one half of a lime for each four-ple of the recipe. (I made two batches, each with 4 times each of the above amounts.)
I added about an ounce of spiced rum to the second batch.
The flavors are incredible as it is cooking...


No comments: